iPods/PSPs/mobile devices - Neuros OSD Support
Documents, Videos and Files
Frequently Asked Questions
- Can I use the Neuros OSD to make backups of my DVDs?
- Yes. Connect your DVD player to the Neuros OSD with the included RCA cable (red, white and yellow), insert your DVD in the DVD player, play it and hit record on the Neuros OSD remote control. The OSD will convert your DVD into a standard digital MP4 file that will be saved on a storage device of your choice.
- Can I record content off the hard drive of my TiVo or DVR with the Neuros OSD?
- Yes. Connect your DVR/TiVo to the Neuros OSD with the included RCA cable (red, white and yellow), and play the content you wish to remove from your hard drive. Hit record on the Neuros OSD remote control, and the OSD will convert the file played from your DVR into a standard digital MP4 file that will be saved on a storage device of your choice.
- What video format does the Neuros OSD uses for the recording?
- The Neuros OSD records in the standard and open MP4 format compatible with a wide range of devices. Videos recorded with the Neuros OSD can not only be played a TV set using the OSD as a player, but can also be viewed on PC/Laptops and popular PMPs like the iPod/Nano/iPhone, the PSP, smartphones etc...
- Can I record straight to the iPod video and PSP via the USB port?
- With the iPod, your mileage may vary. Apple has changed the way the iPod interacts with its USB port. As a result, there is a risk that your iPod will be formatted if you plug your iPod directly into the USB port. We recommend you record your video to a USB storage device, CF card or SD card, and then import your files into iTunes. Or, if your OSD is connected to your home computer via a network, you can do this automatically. See the Neuros Forums for more details.
- What devices can I record to other than memory cards?
- You can record to micro drives, USB thumb drives, external hard drives, to the PSP, iPod video (among many USB storage/portable media devices) and PCs (network required).
- Can the Neuros OSD play songs stored on my iPod?
- You will be able to play only DRM-free songs. This excludes most songs purchased through iTunes, but includes most songs purchased through DRM-free sites, such as Amazon Unbox.
- How do I record video using the Neuros OSD?
- Once connected, you preview what you want to record through the TV. Then when you know what you want to record, you hit the record button and enjoy the show. Then after you're done, hit the stop button, your file will be saved to whatever storage device you use. You will be able record to either a memory card, USB device (PSP, iPod, external hard drive, etc.) or PC (network required).
- Post your issue to our user community.
- User-contributed Wiki with articles, tips and tricks.
For Neuros Support, please email email@example.com